The information below will help you understand the details of the Cabela's "Fish For Millions" Contest. You can search this page with the "Find" feature in your browser. Please start by reading the Official Rules. They lay out the details on how to play including the fact that you must register before you go fishing, then return and log your catch. The rules explain that you must snap a photo of your catch before removing the tag, then remove the tag, keep it and release the fish. As we said, read the RULES. You wouldn't want to not get the one or two million dollars because you skipped a step.
Having problems with your Password or Email? click here.
Table of Contents
To advance to information about each function, click on the link below:
- Do I need to pay money to play?
- I haven't registered yet. Can I play anyway?
- How do I register?
- I don't have email yet. How do I get a free email account?
- My email address is rejected. Why?
- My husband/ wife/ son/ daughter/ sister/ brother/ friend/ enemy and I want to both play using the same email address but the system won't let us. What should we do?
- I type in my email and password, but I get an error message and I'm not allowed to view any of the restricted access pages. What should I do?
- I've forgotten my password, what should I do?
- My email address has changed. How can I get my new address in your records?
No. It's completely free to participate.
No. You must be registered.
Visit Cabela's in-store kiosk or log on to cabelasfishformillions.com, follow the links and then click on the "Register" link. Once at the registration page, enter complete and accurate information in the fields provided. When you're done click on "Register Now!". You should then see a message indicating that your registration was successful. You will also receive a confirmation email sent to the email address you provided.
An email address may be rejected because it contains a ! (exclamation mark) or some other character that is not allowed. Also, an email address may only be registered once.
One of you needs to get a different email address. See above about getting a free email account through your web browser.
You may have mistyped your email or password. You may want to try again or see the next question...
Try the Forgot Password page. Also, see the next section for common problems people have when logging in.
Please contact Support. Just let us know your original email address as well as your new one and we will update our records for you.
- I'm having problems logging in, what should I do?
Have you registered yet? If not, you must do so before you can log in. See the previous section. If you have registered, and you get a message telling you "Invalid Login", then here are some possible reasons:
- Remember that your password is cAsE sEnSiTiVe.
- Typing your ISP Email or screen name (e.g. for AOL) instead of your Email
- Typing your actual name instead of your Email
- "Logging In" is not the same as "Registering"
You only need to register once for the entire time you play in the contest. Among other things, when you register you will choose "password" which will allow you (and only you) to "log in" when you are prompted to do so.
To login to this site you will need to have cookies enabled, if you do not have cookies enabled, you will not be able to play the game. If you do not know how to enable cookies, see the next section.
Click on the "[logout]" link that appears at the top of the page.
- I have registered and logged in but I can't see the Eligible Waters to see where to go fishing!
The Eligible Waters will be available on May 1st for people who preregister between April 15th through April 30th. The Eligible waters list will be available to all other registrants on May 4th. We don't want people fishing for tags before the Fishing Period. Tags removed from fish before May 5th are ineligible.
- What are the System Requirements?
- How do I play?
- I caught fish with a yellow and/or green tag, but the system won't accept it.
- I'm having problems entering the game?
- Go to Edit > Preferences: Select Privacy & Security
- Select Cookies
- Set the cookie preferences to: Enable Cookies from originating website only or Enable All Cookies
- Click on the "Tools" link on your browser
- Go to "Internet Options" and click on the "Privacy" tab.
- You will see a button marked "Advanced", click on it, and then put a check mark in the box that says "override cookie handling".
- When you are done click on OK and then OK again.
- Proceed to the contest and try again.
Internet Explorer 7 or newer, Firfox 3 or newer, Safari 4 or newer, Chrome 9 or newer, Opera 9 or newer, running on any supported operating system (such as Windows, OSX or Ubuntu Linux).
Once registered, go to the Home page and follow the instructions you see there.
Yellow tags were used in the 2011 fishing contest and green tags in the 2012 fishing contest. Eligible tags in 2013 are bright orange and carry a 6 digit number beginning with 13. Yellow and green tags are ineligible this year.
Have you registered yet? If not, you must do so before you can play. See the previous section. If you have registered, and you get a message telling you to "Login", then here are some possible reasons:
Cookies may be disabled (Firefox)
Cookies may be disabled (IE)
If you are using Internet Explorer, please follow these instructions to enable your "cookies":
- What prizes are available?
- If you've read all of the relevant sections here and are still having problems, or you would simply like to give us some feedback, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.